Friday, October 14, 2011

Meet the Members: Devin

College attended and major(s) and minor(s)
University of Arkansas-Social Work

Fun fact:
I've been skydiving.

Favorite quote:
"Only a life lived in the service to others is worthliving" -Albert Einstein

What you did before AmeriCorps? 
I was an Executive Assistant for a local Realtor Association.

Did your past work experience/schooling apply to your year of service?
My degree has definitely helped me prepare, but it is different actually having names and faces for the facts I learned in school.

Why did you choose to do AmeriCorps?
 I chose AmeriCorps to get experience in the Public Health field.

What are you doing as an AmeriCorps member?
 I educate Chicago Public School students on oral health and teen pregnancy prevention. In addition, I provide support to the Primary Care Providers in groups that educate women and men about
pregnancy and parenting.

What are your plans after AmeriCorps, and how does your year of service apply to your future
plans?
I haven't figured out my plans after AmeriCorps, but I hope to continue providing service throughout my life.

Favorite part of CHC so far?
Meeting great people!

Deep Thoughts by Chicago Health Corps: If you could domesticate any wild animal successfully, what would it be?
If I could domesticate any wild animal it would be a giraffe!

No comments:

Post a Comment